Permit to redirect software to a specific entity on create
Find a solution to permit to locate softwares on a specific entity directly on import :
- Add an option to import softwares on root entity ?
- Add an option to the softwrae dictionnary to select entity ?
- both ?
- other option ?
See consolidate script proposed in mail thread.
#1 Updated by walid almost 10 years ago
- Assignee set to walid
I think theses 2 options are a good :
- 1 : add an option in the Inventory tab of the Entity form to indicates where to save the software
- inherits from the parent entity config
- 2 : add an action in the Software Dictionnary :
- event if option 1 is set, entity coming from the rule is taken in account
#2 Updated by guillomovitch almost 10 years ago
I had in mind something even simpler actually, a simple 'global management' option, similar to what exists for screens for instance, that would automatically aggregate software at the top-level entity.Basically, it's a third choice in your list, even more general:
- a single setting automatically aggregates everything in top-level entity
- a per-entity setting allows to override it specifically for all softwares in this entity
- a per-software rule allows to override it for this software
#7 Updated by tsmr almost 10 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
Ok pour ocsinventoryng plugin :