GLPI use extJS 3. We need to upgrade to EXT JS 4 to keep compatibility with new browsers version.
Extjs come with a lot of change and need a lot of work to adapt the GLPI code.
---- holblin ----
What we need in the alternative ?¶
- have a UI Toolkits. It's reduce the work for the UI.
- to be performant and let us to work what we want.
- have a good community for have help, and support if it's necessary.
- to be stable because we don't want change often and be in this sittuation again.
- is used by lot of dev, because the plug-in don't need to add an other librairie.
Some list of other librairy and some comparaison :
Jquery is very powerfull and used on the web. Is fast, and quick to write something.
Jquery Mobile is in Alpha when i wrote this. It's already used in mobile plug-in.
Jquery UI have lot of feature and have a very good theme choser. For the moment GLPI don't have template system but if we decide to have one, a big usage of Jquery UI can help for do templates quickly and complete.
Jquery UI is focused on UI and effects, but it try to keep all for accessibility. In Jquery UI you have :
- Utilities (for position, open a box in the middle of the screen ?)
So you have for example auto-complete, custom auto-complete, multiple auto-complete, ajax auto-complete ....
All functionality are very explicated and all have lot of demo, a list of parameters, description, methods ...
---- end holblin ----