- Dropdown "Unicity Activation"
- None : state for disable unicity.
- Global : state for unicity field
- If the field is marked as global, it means that the value must be unique, whatever the entity and the value cannot be overridden in a subentity.
- So, a subentity local administrator can't change the state of unicity for this field.
- Local : state for unicity field
- If the field is marked as local, then his value can be overridden in a subentity.
- So, a subentity local administrator can change the state of unicity for this field.
- Possible case for dropdown "Unicity" of object (only values) :
MoYo : Why using only 1 or 2 datas to be unique ? may I do not understand.
- If it is the couple of values which must be unique why just only a couple ?
- If the 2 items of the couple are independent why a dropdown for that ?
- Maybe the 2 may be possible but how do that ? not using a dropdown. Maybe a complex mix of both ideas ?
Yeti : Ok, my proposal was made to start a discussion about that.
- I wanted to "list" all of possible couple of unicity for each inventory object. But yes, you are right, I have forgotten that a user can select more than two values for define its criteria.
- So, user can put its criteria in this possible interface (if he have chosen Local), see bellow.
- And for completeness, we could execute getSearchOptions of each inventory object to build the values allowed to be put in the fields HTML ?
Walid : how to check ip + mac address for example when an object is created (without networkport)... It seems to me quite impossible to check several criterias on several objects at the same time !
|Unicity of inventory objects|
|Entity A||serial+ip||otherserial||HTML <input type=text>||HTML <input type=text>||...||...||...||...||...|
remi: FQDN (name + domain) ? immo_number ? IP ?
yeti : good idea, adding in the list is done.
- MoYo : en_GB dictionanry is translated in the online translation application. So not interesting to be updated.
- ADD new section configuration in Config::showFormInventory function for showing new parameters of unicity.
- $LANG['unicity']="Unicity of inventory objects" / "Unicité des objets d'inventaire";
- The dropdown activation : None / Global / Local
- IF Global is selected : show the multidimensional array for selecting the criteria who's define unicity for each inventory object.
- IF Local is selected : show the multidimensional array for selecting the criteria who's define unicity for each inventory object in particular entity or sub-entity.
CREATE TABLE `glpi_field_unicities` ( `id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY , `itemtype` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `entities_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `field` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `is_global` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ) ENGINE = MYISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci COMMENT = 'Stores field unicity criterias';