Wiki for NediImport plugin¶
Why NediImport is not accessing directly the Mysql database?¶
NediImport is accessing the Nedi Web Server in order to run the requests with CURL.
- it can be much slower than direct requests to the MySQL database (this is something we try to minimize in our code)
- Usually the web interface changes much more than the MySQL database between NeDi versions, then maintenance is bigger
- security/rights relies on NeDi itself
- if you already have access to NeDi, then it works without giving rights/access to MySQL
- it works for us because we don't have any rights to access the NeDi database