Wiki for NediImport plugin¶
Why NediImport is not accessing directly the Mysql database?¶
NediImport is accessing the Nedi Web Server in order to run the requests with CURL.
- it can be much slower than direct requests to the MySQL database (this is something we try to minimize in our code)
- Usually the web interface changes much more than the MySQL database between NeDi versions, then maintenance is bigger
- security/rights relies on NeDi itself
- if you already have access to NeDi, then it works without giving rights/access to MySQL
- it works for us because we don't have any rights to access the NeDi database
NediImport and FusionInventory¶
NediImport tries to get useful information already available in NeDi and shows it in GLPI. So if you like NeDi or if you have an already running NeDi instance it can be quite interesting.
The best is to compare both projects NeDi and FusionInventory from their websites and see what fit best your needs.
I don't think it's a good idea to run both at the same time though! :)